01 May 2013

Resonances: A new book on Noise/Music with a chapter by me


Resonances, a new book which collects a series of articles which were presented during the "Noise Affect Politics" conference back in 2010 in Salford, UK will be published in September 2013. I went for the conference and presented a paper on the history of Noise/music and I argued for a historical continuum of Noise as music as opposed to Noise as a mere aesthetical/critical/creative/cultural position in modern and contemporary music. It will trace the history from the start of the 20th century up to the Industrial/post-punk era. I am still waiting for any outlet out there to write a sequel to it which will continue from there. I hope to address the Japanese Noise scene which started in the late 1970s/early 1980s up to the present-day. Till then...

No comments: